SRG is proud to introduce the all new SRG-Force Evolution Chassis for your first gen. Camaro or Firebird. We started with our Camaro chassis and looked at everything we could improve on and took suggestions from customers and other builders as to ways we could improve on something that was already really good. What you find with all SRG products is we are continuously looking for ways to improve our products and we never get stuck in the rut of just being satisfied with building the same old thing for 20 years like a lot of our competitors seem to do. We search for and we listen to you on better ways. It is very costly to make changes and to put the time it takes in to improving a product. We spend a lot of our budget on this effort where our competitors seem to spend all their budget on advertising instead of improving their product.
The evolution chassis is another step to the perfect chassis. This is what makes the Evolution better:
1) THE FRAME. Fully sculpted frame rail with no bent tubing, all welded and back welded, fully ground, our exclusive inner structure strengthening system which basically creates a bar joist all the way through the inside of the frame rail before it is boxed in. All sculpted cross members, body, bumper and core support mounting in place. The frame is the core to a great handling chassis. You can have the best geometry on the planet but if you have extreme frame flex it really does you no good. If you have the best geometry on the planet and a torsion ally strong full frame then that great geometry can do its work.
2) THE FRONT SUSPENSION. We have options here….We have our proprietary Suspension utilizing either the Wilwood Spindle or the Z06 Corvette spindle in stock or lower billet versions. We can also do this chassis with C4 Corvette or Z06 Factory Vette suspensions for you guys that have some old vette stuff laying around. Available with Coilovers from QA-1, Ridetech or Bilstien or Air ride using Shockwaves or separate bag and shock combinations for extreme drop. Multiple front stabilizer bar options as well from 7/8” all the way up to 1.50” with our CNC cut lever that can be customized per application. Power or manual rack and pinion steering using either the Flaming River Straight Arrow billet manual rack, Flaming River Billet Power Rack, Standard Ford Power Rack or the Corvette Rack and pinion unit. When it comes to control our control arms are available in multiple track widths and tube diameters and we can even do a custom one-off billet package if you want. There are really no limits as to what we can do.
3) THE REAR SUSPENSION. Don’t let anybody ever talk you into something you don’t want because that’s all they offer. We realize that not everybody is going Autocrossing or Drag racing. We know that a car setup for drag racing wouldn’t work very well on a road course or autocross track and we want to make sure you get what you need as far as suspension for what YOU will be doing with YOUR car. Sure we have packages that will work well in multiple applications but we want what you pay for to work for you. Hey if you just need and triangulated 4-link there just ain’t nothing wrong with that. We offer the following options for rear suspension:
-SRG Torque Arm with Reversed Watts Link centering device.
-SRG Torque Arm with Panhard Bar centering device.
-A-link (2 upper or lower parallel bars with an upper or lower A link)
-Parallel 4-link with pan hard centering device
-Parallel 4-Link with Watts Link centering device
-Parallel 4-Link with A-link centering device
-Nascar Style Truck Arms
-C4 Corvette Independent Rear Suspension
-C5 or C6 Corvette Independent Rear Suspension
-SRG Custom Independent Rear Suspension utilizing a 9” Ford Center Section
(many options with the SRG IRS)
-Custom Cantilever suspension systems from mild to wild.
Also we offer multiple finishes like plain steel, powder coated, painted, brushed stainless brushed aluminum, polished stainless. Bar sizes from 1” OD to 1.75” OD are also available. QA-1, Ride Tech or Bilstien Coilovers, Shockwave or separate bag and shock air ride systems. Also custom stabilizer bars setup for your application with multiple bar diameters with our CNC cut end levers.
6) REAR DIFFRENTIAL. Whether you want a 9” Ford, Quickchange or Independent we got you covered. We use housings and axles from Johns 9” Factory, Strange, Moser, Dutchman, Winters and Currie. Several housing, axle and center section options available.
9” housings from standard round back hot rod housing with 31 spline performance axles to a hard core fully fabbed housing with 41 spline gun drilled HD Performance axles we can do it. Also if your looking for shiny we got that to with offerings from the Currie Finned Polished Center housing, Dutchman Polished Quickchange or a Strange Polished Billet center Section. No limits here.
5) BRAKE SYSTEMS. For stopping we utilize either Wilwood (preferred) or Baer Brakes in sizes ranging from 11” up through 15” and calipers in 4 piston or 6 piston. Calipers available in black, red, silver or high polished. We also use Corvette Z06 6 piston brakes as well in some applications.
6) OTHER OPTIONS. We can do your chassis to any stage from a set of bare frame rails to ready to bolt under a finished car in most applications. Here are some of the additional add-ons you may want: Stainless brake lines, Stainless fuel lines, Stainless or aluminum fuel tank, custom show paint, stainless exhaust systems, engine and transmission packages and even your driveshaft in steel, aluminum or carbon fiber.